Associate General Counsel
Posted:June 13th, 2017
Last Updated: June 13th, 2017
Location: CT - Avon
Associate General Counsel – Norcom Mortgage
Job Brief: Provides legal support to the company on a wide variety of legal and regulatory topics. Reports to the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer.
Type: Full time; based in corporate office in Avon, CT. Remote candidates are not able to be considered at this time. Candidates interested in relocation to the area are encouraged to apply.
· Offers legal advice and expertise in all areas affecting the company.
· Identifies and analyzes legal issues, drafts key documents, presents clear recommendations and assures legal compliance.
· Provides leadership on industry and regulatory developments and implements any required risk management and compliance processes.
· Provides counsel and advice in resolving disputes, litigation, investigations and regulatory matters.
· Coordinate with outside legal counsel as necessary.
· Supports HR Department with employment and labor law matters.
· Participates in the negotiation and drafting of contracts, leases, licensing agreements, vendor agreements and other commercial agreements.
· Involved with training of company personnel on legal and regulatory compliance matters.
· Participate in federal and state regulatory audits as required.
· Have regular contact with all levels of company personnel at corporate and branch offices, regulators, vendors and consumers.
· Law degree from an accredited law school.
· Licensed to practice law (in Connecticut a plus).
· 1-4 years of experience as a licensed attorney in a corporate law firm and/or as an in-house counsel.
· Strong business minded judgment with an ability to assess risks and opportunities.
· Experience negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts and legal documents.
· Experience in the mortgage industry and with mortgage regulations, including but not limited to the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd-Frank Act), the Real Estate Settlement Protection Act (RESPA), the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), etc.
· Experience in employment law.
· Experience with transactions on the secondary capital market.
· Must be analytical, detail oriented, and possess strong organizational skills.
· Self-starter able to work both independently and collaboratively.
· Open to attending industry conferences and off-site training.
Medical, dental and life insurance.
· Fast-paced, growing company.
· Excellent career growth opportunity.
· Team-focused working environment.
· Modern office environment.